What Is Wine Sensitivity?


Many people are sensitive to sulphur dioxide commonly known as sulphites/sulfites, but may not even be aware of this. Many people put these reactions down to “hangovers”, but symptoms can include a wide range of things such as rashes, flushing, swelling, nausea, dizzyness and IBS. Some people may also experience shortness of breath, wheezing, and nose stuffiness.


The Culprit is Sulfites

The main use of Sulphur Dioxide is for its anti-oxidant and anti-microbial qualities. This means that it will inhibit the growth of unwanted yeast and bacteria as well as binding to oxygen. Excess oxygen causes wine to spoil and sulphur is used to control this process. In addition to these properties Sulphur is considered low irritant and easy to detect if present in high quantities. Despite the benefits, there are some people who allergic to the sulphur. That's you!


How Can I Control Wine Allergies?

With So2Go! Simply add to wine just prior to drinking. It can also be added to beer, cider, or any juice that contains SO2. (Sulphur Dioxide). Shop now or read more about how So2Go works.